Legal Terminology Fourth Edition Used
- Usually ships in 2-3 business days.
- Calculated at Checkout
This book is used. The book contains written in notes and highlightings.
A huge amount of legal information is contained within this compact and orderly book. All legal terms are easy-to-find and up-to-date, and the book includes definitions, pronunciation, and easily understood explanations. Structured into short, easily digested chapters, Legal Terminology presents the fundamentals of the principal areas of the law, including: terms used in criminal law, tort law, contract law, personal property and agency law, practice and procedure law, will and estate law, trust law, family law, law of negotiable instruments, and business organization law. An excellent reference work for lawyers, legal secretaries, paralegals, legal assistants, and court personnel.
Emphasizes an understanding of legal terminology through a study of the law itself by presenting terms within the context of laws in which they are used. Many examples are provided for illustration.
Each chapter opens with list of key terms followed by short discussion of the law
- Word Wise feature provides background information on many legal terms
- Includes glossary of latin terms and phrases (with pronunciation) on inside front and back covers for quick access
- Includes sample legal forms
- Perforated assignment pages for easy removal
- Student exercises include true-false questions, matching exercises, fill-in-the-blanks and crossword puzzles
Chapters include, but not limited to, terms used in:
- Criminal law
- Law of torts
- Law of contracts
- Law of personal property
- Practice and procedure
- Law of wills and estates
- Family law
- Business organization and bankruptcy
Spiral-bound paperback, 479 pages.