Stenograph's™ The Wave™ Refurbished 2 Year Warranty
- We do our best to ship as fast as possible. Shipping normally is 24-48 hours. Please call us if you need it faster.
SAVE get a 2-year warranty (One year longer than a new writer) included.
FREE Keytop Covers pick when you check out FREE ground shipping on all writers in the US!
- The Wave™
With its patent-pending TrueStroke™ technology, the Wave enables you to do your best right from the start.
- Watch your accuracy soar with the Wave writer! The vibrant flat-panel screen clearly displays steno outlines as you write them, giving you the best kind of feedback -- immediate feedback -- to enable you to practice proper technique while you build speed. The phenomenal touch of this writer will speed you on your way to success.
- The Wave is a top-of-the-line writer designed to give students an edge. It features the same patent-pending TrueStroke™ technology used in the professional Diamante® writer.
- Has the same touch and feel as a professional writer so you can write more and fatigue less.
- The Wave® is the only student writer that works with TrueView™ to help you identify shadows and stroking issues without cost of paper.
- The Wave’s® large LCD screen lets you easily see what you have stroked. No need to spend hours looking at blotchy letters on stenopaper!
- It’s paperless.** Go green and save nearly $300 per year that you would spend on paper and writer supplies.
- Students! Here's your steno tip from the Guru: If you are in higher speeds and strggling to advance, this machine could save your career. It has a very nice light touch that will help get you to the next level. Please check with your school before purchasing. Some school programs discourage paperless writers.
- Refurbished Wave® steno writer
- EasyLock® Z12 tripod
- Choice of carrying case or wheelie
- Wave® CD Software including tutorial
- 110/220 volt A/C adapter/charger with North American plug
- 1 rechargeable power pack (installed)
- Wave® User Guide on Utilities CD
- USB-Cable connection
- Your choice of extended keys or any other keytop configuration
- Screen cleaning kit which includes a micro fiber cleaning cloth and a spray bottle of cleaning solution.
- Free student copy of Apieron "SmartCAT" CAT software (download required)(DigitalCAT & Plover available to students - please contact Stenovations and Plover)
- Credit & Debit Cards: Visa/MasterCard/Discover/AMEX
Buy it your way with StenoWork's Steno-Layaway flexible plans. You pick how much, how often and how long you pay. Just fill out our Steno-Layaway form and we will send you our Layaway agreement by email. It's just one more way that we make shopping on our web site more affordable.
- Trade-ins: Have a trade-in? Get a trade-in quote within 24 hours. Just fill out our sell-your-stuff form. If you purchased one of our student writers, then you are entitled to 100% of your student writer price minus just a $50.00 trade-in fee.
Rent-to-Own: Get the WAVE® (US only) with a depost and 12 payments over 12 months. You own it in 12 months with no interest. Just fill out our student rental application and you'll be on your way to getting a WAVE®.
Clearly in View
- The vibrant flat-panel screen clearly displays steno outlines as you write them, giving you the best kind of feedback – immediate feedback-- to enable you to practice proper technique, the most expeditious way to advance your consistency and speed
- Stop writing to read back fluently while scrolling notes up or down. With plenty of context to help you interpret what you’ve written, you’ll confidently recite the spoken word. Start writing and you’re instantly back “on the record.”
Display & Navigation Functions
- Scroll Up/Down to find point of readback
- Select font size to one of five choices for larger text or more context
- Search for Last Mark to verify or read something you marked earlier
- Search for a steno outline to find a point of readback.
- Change backlight setting for varying lighting conditions.
- Slant the display panel up to 65°
- Personalize the Splash Screen with .jpg files of your own pictures
- Included with the Wave is a standard plug-and-play USB cable that makes connecting to realtime a breeze. Your teachers will love it as transferring test notes for evaluation is a snap!
A fifty-page memory provides storage of practice materials to be transcribed later. Select all or specific practice sessions when you have access to a CAT computer to transcribe homework or practice. Clear memory and start fresh with new dictation when memory indicates that it is full.
Grab and Go
Just grab your writer and go – to another class or down the hall – utilizing built-in hand-grips. It’s only 4.5 pounds. Included is a wheeled backpack to hold the writer, tripod, and a special Jet Bag that protects the writer inside the backpack. The Jet Bag functions as a compact shoulder bag for carrying the writer separately from the wheeled backpack when you don’t need all your accessories.
The ideal writer for realtime captioners
- Using the same extraordinary technology as the professional Diamante writer, the Wave writer provides amazing results at a fraction of its cost. By eliminating redundancy yet keeping the phenomenal TrueStroke technology from the Diamante the Wave enables cleaner output than ever.
- TrueStroke technology (patent-pending) utilizes software to accurately track the movement of each individual keystroke. It replaces traditional contact adjustments and helps you achieve cleaner writing with less effort. It's the same technology used in the Diamante® writer adopted by thousands of professional reporters.
- Tension and Depth adjustment wheels are easily within reach.
- Slant display panel up to 65 degrees for use in varying lighting conditions.
- Easily adjust the keyboard slant +-10° for comfort and variety in posture.
EasyLock® Z12 Tripod
- Weighing only 1 1/4 pounds and folding to a mere 12 inches the Z12 stands straight in front of you for perfect writing position. The tilt mechanism, which is recessed in the bottom of the writer, enables adjusting the slant +-10 degrees for comfort and variety in posture. The manual lift center steel column makes those final tripod height adjustments smooth and easy.
Student Trade-in Guarantee
- Students who purchase the Wave steno machine receive our Upgrade Guarantee, making it one of the best investments you can make. If you buy a professional shorthand writing machine within four years of purchasing your Wave student steno writer we'll guarantee 90% of the current sale price of the writer. This trade in value must be applied toward the purchase of any upgraded professional writer package (that has a 25% greater value than your student package)
No one else can beat an offer like that!
THE WAVE™ SPECIFICATIONS
- Folds face down to protect screen while not in use - Active matrix color TFT- LCD - Diagonal: 7” Resolution: 800 x 480
- Tilt range: 0 to 65 degrees
- Font size: 1 to 5
- Connects to a Host USB port on a computer for:
- Realtime translation with Case CATalyst® and other brands
- Read memory to computer with Case CATalyst® and other CAT systems
- A 4-cell lithium-ion battery pack is included.
- Operating time: 8 to 10 hours
- Recharge time: 4 to 5 hours
- Battery life: 1 to 1.5 years
- Internal memory holds about 12,000 strokes – approximately 50 pages
- When primary battery or A/C power is not available, the backup battery operates the writer in fail-safe mode for an additional 8 hours while still recording to memory
A/C Power Adapter
- Automatic switching 120/220 volt with North American plug
- Cord length: 6 feet
- Optional adapter plugs:Europe, UK and Australia
- 4.5 pounds
EasyLock® Z12 Tripod
- Weight: 1.25 lbs
- Height: 12” folded
- 27” extended
Wheeled Backpack with Jet Bag
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Dimensions: 12.5” wide x 17.125” tall x 5.25” deep
0 to 65 Degree Tilt Range
- The Wave’s® built-in feature allows the machine to be adjusted to your specific comfort level without changing the center of gravity or optimum balance of the Wave.
- Over 25 years of steno equipment experience
- Technical support backed by award winning ZenDesk Help System
- Toll-Free Support and Ordering
- Best prices guaranteed
- Online Chat system
- Money back guarantee
- In order to customize your writer we generally ship within 1-2 business days. If you need your writer expedited please call us!
- We offer FREE shipping in the continental US using with just a small $50.00 upcharge for HI or AK. The shipping times will vary and depend on how far you are from Palm Beach County, FL. (Generally 1-5 business days)
- If you need your writer sooner we can ship using FEDEX Express with Priority Overnight, Standard Overnight, Guaranteed 2-Day, or Economy 3-Day shipping available for an additional charge.
- Shipping international is also available. The following are the approximate cost to ship to: UK & Europe ($155.00), Canada ($85.00), South America ($155.00), Australia ($155.00) using . Please contact us with your email address and we will get back to you within 24 hours to get an exact shipping quote and to get any specific shipping questions answered.
- The machine is completely disassembled.
- The machine is chemically cleaned using a non-toxic bio-green solution.
- The Stop Pads are replaced as needed.
- The Universal bar pad is replaced as needed.
- The Bank Bar Pad is replaced.
- All parts are checked for excessive wear.
- The Toggle Roller is replaced or refurbished. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The Platen is reconditioned. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The machine is reassembled and all mechanical parts are greased and lubricated to specification.
- The factory settings are verified and adjustments are performed as necessary.
- The ribbon is replaced.
- Adjustments are performed on all electronic components, including the contact assembly and switches.
- All motor gears are aligned to specifications and checked for proper operation.
- A complete diagnostics is performed to check computer interface (real-time), battery charging operations, electronic operations, and proper disk drive operation if applicable.
- The machine casing is cleaned and the key tops are polished
This process generally takes 3-4 man hours to complete!
Don't forget to select your keytop configuration: