Stenograph® Stentura® Protege Writer Refurbished Paperless Package
- We do our best to ship as fast as possible. Writer prep time is approximately 5 business days. If Expedited Prep is selected the writer prep time is 1-2 days.
- Calculated at Checkout
Stentura® Protege® Package (paperless student realtime)
The Stentura® Protégé® features USB and serial connectivity. This is the top of the line student writer and is available for immediate shipping. Has the same similar touch as many of the professional machines.
(Protege was a writer created for both paper and realtime) Touch has been adjusted for paperless unless paper option is selected.
Introducing our partnership with Clyde! Now with introductory rates.
- 1 year: Add Accidental Damage Protection to StenoWorks' one year warranty
- 2 year: Add Accidental Damage Protection and Extend your warranty to two years with the accidental protection
- 3 year: Add Accidental Damage Protection and Extend your warranty to three years with the accidental protection (BEST DEAL)
LOOK! What else is included:
- 1-Year comprehensive warranty
- FREE shipping ($40.00 value)
- Free Student CAT Software (downloadable) ($300.00 value)
- Free keytop configuration ($100.00 value)
- Carrying Case (up to a $75.00 value)
Special Limited Financing 0% interest We've partnered with Klarna to provide a line of credit that allows you to spread your purchases over time with low APR financing offers.
Students! Here's your steno tip from the Guru: The Stentura® Protege® is the best machine you can buy if you need a computerized writer to connect to a computer with a simple USB cable. Unfortunately since ribbons are no longer available and the quality of the used or "refurbished" ribbons is not great, we have decided to sell the Protege as Paperless. You can still add your own ribbon and papertray, but those items are no longer included. The Protege also has a direct USB connection allowing you to lose the USB to Serial adapter. Certain CAT software (digitalCAT®, ProCat®, StenoCat, Apeiron (Cheetah), etc.) would still need the serial cable in order to connect and write realtime. If you go the serial route you might also need a USB to Serial adapter. This cable package is available as an upgrade.
- 1 year warranty both parts and labor in writing with a four year trade-in guarantee toward a professional writer
- USB realtime to Case Catalyst or Eclipse
- Realtime via serial cable with all other CAT and captioning software too! (Serial cable sold separately.)
- Wireless realtime ready for use with the optional Bluetooth™ by Socket adapter available separately.
- RAM memory of 50 pages of testimony is more than enough for your toughest homework assignment!
- Plug “N” Play drivers let you connect your machine to any USB port…just hook up and write!
- 2.5” LCD displays icons for battery, serial realtime, key contacts, etc. so you can check machine status at a glance without squinting!
- 12+ hours of battery life on single charge gets you through even the longest of days. NiMh battery technology let you recharge as often as you wish without worrying about battery memory problems.
- Write with or without paper flawlessly without complicated adjustments (paper capability optional)
- AC adapter/charger included (110 Volt with North American plug) functions both as a battery charger in the machine and operates the machine plugged into an outlet if your battery is low.
- Optional manual mode lets you write to paper without battery or electrical source so you can keep practicing even under less than optimal conditions.
- New Function buttons for on/off, clear memory and other tasks are easy to understand and to use.
- An innovative high-tech computer board allows you to take advantage of downloadable software upgrades when they are released.
- Interchangeable inserts - two different inserts included
- Realtime transfer of notes
- Adjust depth of stroke
- Keyboard tension adjustment
- Updated styling and appearance
- Built in bench conference stand
- Light weight under 5 lbs
- Refurbished Protege Writer adjusted for shallow stroke paperless (unless paper option is selected)
- EasyLock® tripod stand for quick set up and put-away
- Rechargeable battery pack (Refurbished pack with new cells)
- AC adapter/charger
- Utilities & User Guide on USB Drive
- USB cable for realtime and notes transfer
- Adjustment tool to fine-tune contact settings
- Carrying Case
- If you select paper option: Deluxe Papertray, 1 stenopad and a refurbished ribbon cartridge (non-optimal print quality) with ink.
- Written Certification from our technician
- 1 year warranty and a four year trade-in guarantee
- Toll-Free tech support
- One-Year comprehensive warranty including tech support included.
1. Keytop Configuration - Select what you are used to or what your program or school recommends. If you are not sure send us a note or call us and we can usually help you with the selection.
2. Warranty - You normally receive a 2 year depot warranty which requires you to send the writer to us if there's a problem. If you want to add a loaner or a loaner with expedited shipping please select that option. Finally if you want your writer cleaned during the second year there is an option for that.
3. Keypads - If you want to optionally add cushioning or additional grip to the plastic keys then select one of our many keypad options.
4. USB to Serial - If you are planning on using DigitalCAT software then make sure you upgrade to the I/O Gear adapter.
5. Paper Option - If your school requires paper then simply select the paper option and we will add a papertray, refurbished ribbon (non-optimal print quality) and pack of steno paper.
6. Various carrying case options
Secure Credit or Debit Cards
Including Amazon Pay or Paypal
|Pay over the phone 800-399-4605 M-F 8-5 EST|
Finance with Klarna
Get Instant Approval (Click Pay Later when checking out)
|6 months No Interest PayPal Credit|
|Longer Term Financing Plans|
Trade-ins: Have a trade-in? Get a trade-in quote within 24 hours. Just fill out our sell-your-equipment form. Click on LINK TO FORM
- The machine is completely disassembled.
- The machine is chemically cleaned using a non-toxic bio-green solution.
- The Stop Pads are replaced as needed.
- The Universal bar pad is replaced as needed.
- The Bank Bar Pad is replaced.
- All parts are checked for excessive wear.
- The Toggle Roller is replaced or refurbished. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The Platen is reconditioned. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The machine is reassembled and all mechanical parts are greased and lubricated to specification.
- The factory settings are verified and adjustments are performed as necessary.
- The ribbon is replaced.
- Adjustments are performed on all electronic components, including the contact assembly and switches.
- All motor gears are aligned to specifications and checked for proper operation.
- A complete diagnostics is performed to check computer interface (real-time), battery charging operations, electronic operations, and proper disk drive operation if applicable.
- The machine casing is cleaned and the key tops are polished
- This process generally takes 3-4 man hours to complete!
Here's a chart to help you select a keyboard configuration.
Selecting keytop configurations can be confusing. Our recommendation is that if your present writer is configured a certain way then select the identical configuration.
It can be difficult to get used to something different. If this is your first writer than we would suggest talking to your school or teacher and asking what they would suggest.
Here are some options: