StenoWorks’ Limited Warranty
StenoWorks, Inc., will be referred to as StenoWorks in this document, having its principal place of business at 5280 10th Avenue N, Suite D, Lake Worth, FL, 33463, warrants the purchased pre-owned equipment (the "Products"), which are listed at the bottom of this page as follows:
1. StenoWorks warrants that the Products sold hereunder will be free from reasonable defects in workmanship and will perform according to manufacturer's specifications if properly used for a period of 1-3 years depending on the specific writer from the date of purchase. Since this is pre-owned equipment StenoWorks cannot control various cosmetic blemishes and wear, which occurs on the equipment through normal use. If the Products do not conform to this Limited Warranty during the warranty period (as herein above specified), Buyer shall notify StenoWorks by telephone or by writing of the claimed defects and demonstrate to StenoWork's satisfaction that said defects are covered by this Limited Warranty. If the defects are properly reported to StenoWorks within the warranty period, and the defects are of such type and nature as to be covered by this warranty, StenoWorks shall, at its own expense, furnish replacement Products or, at our option, repair the defective Products. The customer is responsible for any shipping costs incurred in shipping defective item(s) to our repair center. Shipping of the replacement products or replacement parts to the customer shall be at StenoWork's expense, unless customer requests expedited delivery service, in which case a fee may be incurred. In the event that StenoWorks determines that the defects in the equipment are due to misuse, alteration, lack of maintenance, as are caused by factors not covered by this limited warranty, StenoWorks shall have the exclusive right to decline warranty coverage, and to return equipment to Buyer at Buyer's expense.
2. THE FOREGOING IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, AND STENOWORKS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This warranty is contingent on proper use of the equipment by the consumer and does not cover any type of consumable parts of the equipment including ribbons, disks, chargers, batteries and any other item which is replaceable. StenoWorks will not be responsible for damage caused by accident, unusual physical, electrical, misuse, failure of electrical power, transportation, tampering or any other incidental wear caused by normal use. StenoWorks will not be responsible for damage arising from improper installation (where installation is by persons other than StenoWorks), against defects in products or components not supplied by StenoWorks or against damages resulting from such non-Manufacturer made products or components. StenoWorks passes on to Buyer the warranty it received (if any) from the maker thereof of such non-Manufacturer made products or components. This warranty also does not apply to Products upon which repairs have been affected or attempted by persons other than pursuant to written authorization by Manufacturer. In any case, the company shall not be liable for loss of data, loss of profits, lost savings, special, incidental, consequential, indirect or other similar damages arising from breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence or other legal theory. This warranty is not transferable and only covers the original purchaser. This warranty is void if the equipment is serviced by anyone other than StenoWorks or any of our authorized agents. StenoWorks will provide technical support for this specific product at our tech hotline 800-399-4605.
3. Exclusive Obligation. THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE. The sole and exclusive obligation of StenoWorks shall be to repair or replace the defective Products in the manner and for the period provided above. StenoWorks shall not have any other obligation with respect to the Products or any part thereof, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise. Under no circumstances, whether based on this Limited Warranty or otherwise, shall StenoWorks be liable for incidental, special, or consequential damages.
4. Other Statements. StenoWork's employees or representatives' ORAL OR OTHER WRITTEN STATEMENTS DO NOT CONSTITUTE WARRANTIES, shall not be relied upon by Buyer, and are not a part of the contract for sale or this limited warranty. No other person or parties shall be authorized to issue, extend, offer, or modify any warranties on behalf of StenoWorks.
5. Entire Obligation. This Limited Warranty states the entire obligation of StenoWorks with respect to the Products. If any part of this Limited Warranty or any disclaimers is determined to be void or illegal, the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
6. Trade-In Policy. If the customer has purchased a student machine (Reporter model, Stentura 200, Stentura 200SRT, Stentura 400, Stentura 400SRT, Stentura 500, Stentura Protégé, Elan Mira Student, Wave) and requests a trade-in within four years of purchase, StenoWorks will credit 90% of the the current price of the machine minus any customization and shipping. This offer is only good toward the purchase of any upgraded professional writer of 25% or higher value.
Date of Purchase: __________________________
Serial #: __________________________________