Intro to Steno
As part of StenoWorks' commitment to the Court Reporting Industry we are supplying as many refurbished writers as possible to as many students as possible. This is a limited program and machines are distributed only to students in approved programs. Machines are limited and are available on a first come/first serve basis.
We suggest that you clarify with your A-Z instructor which steno machine features are required for your particular course. For most Intro to Steno courses our standard Basic A-Z rental (Stentura 6000 or Stentura 8000) will work fine, however a Scrolling Upgrade and Realtime Connection Upgrade are available...
-- Basic A-Z rental: A diskless steno machine that has an LCD screen, that displays the steno notes on the screen as you type. The display will show up to 5 lines of steno. -Stentura 6000 or Stentura 8000
-- Scrolling Feature UPGRADE rental: A steno machine as above but comes loaded with a disk that allows you to scroll up and down through multiple lines of steno. -ProCAT Flash, Stentura 6000/6000LX or Stentura 8000/8000LX. Select upgrade below.
-- Realtime Connection UPGRADE rental: A steno machine as above but comes with carrying case, realtime cables, and adapter allowing the machine to connect with a computer to display notes and possibly English on a computer screen. Some type of CAT software required. Free download of CAT software included. (limited support) -ProCAT Flash, Stentura 6000LX or Stentura 8000LX. Select upgrade below.
These rent only packages are just $50 for the first 8 weeks and then $50 per month after that period. Please note that the writer for the Basic A-Z rental and the Scrollling Feature Upgrade rental is specifically prepared for the A-Z Intro to Steno Basic Training class and is NOT compatible with a regular court reporting school or program.
Included in basic package:
- Refurbished writer
- Power supply
- Adjustment tool
- New rechargeable battery installed
- Getting started guide
Warranty with tech support for as long as you're renting!
- Rent of $50.00 (plus tax in FL) charged directly to your credit or debit card.
- $100.00 deposit (refunded minus a $25.00 restocking fee when writer is returned in the same condition).
- $60.00 shipping fee that includes a label to return the writer after the class.
- 8-week rental term gives you a writer for the length of the course and allows for the time to return the equipment.
- The rental period adjusts to when the writer is delivered, not when you purchase.
- After the 8-week period, the term converts to a month-to-month rental at $50/month until it's returned.
- Suggested order time is 2-3 weeks before the start of class to allow for writer prep time (about 2-7 business days) and shipping time from FL to your location (i.e. about 2 days to NY, 4 days to TX, 7 days to WA).