Court Reporter's and CART Services Handbook Good Condition
- Usually ships in 1-3 business days.
This book is in good clean condition with NO writing. Picture is actual book.
- ISBN-13: 9780130976345
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
- Publication date: 7/28/2002
- Edition description: REV
- Edition number: 4
- Pages: 292
This practical, real-world guide serves as a complete “how to” reference on the different aspects of court reporting. It uses easy-to-understand language to introduce both the basic and advanced concepts of court reporting across a wide range of court and legal procedures. The book is packed with general forms, sample written knowledge tests, and review questions designed to give learners an excellent source of information concerning how the court reporter functions in the real world, as well as actual issues they face. A five-part organization divides material into sections on General Information; Official Reporting; Freelance; Caption and CART; and Useful Information. Comprehensive coverage includes the various types of reporting assignments, administering oaths, notary public duties, taking and transcribing court cases, and video grand jury work. For court reporters, freelance reporters, closed captioning reporters, and CART providers.
4th Edition - Updated and revised content throughout.
Provides students with the latest Ethics and Professional Guidelines, as well as the Procedures Manual for CART providers from the National Court Reporters Association.
- NEW - An entire section devoted to closed captioning and CART Services—Includes a discussion on “assistive” technology.
Presents students with these newest issues and the most up-to-date information on them.
- NEW - Separate sections representing the three areas of reporting—Covers officialships; freelancing; and captioning/CART.
Supplies students with discussions and information specific to each area.
- NEW - Enhanced introductory section on careers.
Offers valuable information for those interested in the career of court and real-time reporting.
- NEW - Discussions of updated legislation.
Addresses television decoders, FCC regulations, and close captioning for the hearing impaired.
- NEW - Coverage of technological updates—Highlights the remarkable technological growth in the field.
Discusses research on the Internet and the World Wide Web, and the use of voice writers.
- NEW - Interviews with closed captioners.
Informs students about their views on what they do.
- Focus on technology—Includes computer-aided transcription; instantaneous viewing of the transcript; immediate recall of all litigation documents; Braille copy for the visually impaired; and instant multi-language translation.
Explores the changes in technology and how these changes have affected the role of the court reporter.
- A practical approach—Shows the real-world issues that court reporters encounter.
Offers students sound advice to typical problems encountered in the field.
- Thorough index—Contains cross-references for terms and material.
Allows students and instructors to find an appropriate topic instantly.
- Comprehensive coverage—Includes the various types of reporting assignments; administering oaths; notary public duties; taking and transcribing court cases; and video grand jury work.
Serves students with a complete “how to” reference on the different aspects of court reporting.
- NEW - Enhanced introductory section on careers. Offers valuable information for those interested in the career of court and real-time reporting.
- NEW - Discussions of updated legislation. Addresses television decoders, FCC regulations, and close captioning for the hearing impaired.
Highlights the remarkable technological growth in the field. Discusses research on the Internet and the World Wide Web, and the use of voice writers.
- NEW - Coverage of technological updates
Ships for free by US Postal Service First Class mail (shipping time generally is 3-10 business days) in the continental US or if you need it sooner or you are an international customer select an upgraded shipping option.
We offer a 14 day return with a 10% restocking fee.