Stenograph® Stentura® Protege Writer Refurbished Paperless
- We ship in 1-2 days.
Stentura® Protege® Package (paperless student realtime)
The Stentura® Protégé® features USB and serial connectivity. This is the top of the line student writer and is available for immediate shipping. Has the same similiar touch as many of the professional machines. Now featuring an exclusive StenoWorks 2 year warranty and a 4 year trade-in guarantee! (some restrictions apply)
(Protege was a writer created for both paper and realtime)
Touch has been adjusted for paperless unless paper option is selected.
Students! Here's your steno tip from the Guru: The Stentura® Protege® is the best machine you can buy if you need a computerized writer and want something newer that uses a USB direct cable. Unfortunately since ribbons are no longer available and the quality of the used or "refurbished" ribbons is not great, we have decided to sell the Protege as Paperless. You can still add your own ribbon and papertray, but those items are no longer included. The Protege also has a direct USB connection allowing you to lose the USB to Serial adapter. Certain CAT software (digitalCAT®, ProCat®, StenoCat, Apeiron (Cheetah), etc.) would still need the serial cable in order to connect and write realtime. If you go the serial route you might also need a USB to Serial adapter.
New lower price SAVE over $300.00 OUR LOWEST PRICE EVER! Save with our low price guarantee.
LOOK! What's included:
- FREE shipping ($25.00 value)
- Free CAT Software
- Free keytop configuration ($50.00 value)
- Carrying Case (up to a $75.00 value)
- Extra Year of Warranty ($239.00 value)
No Sales tax except in Florida
FREE Student Version of CAT Software
- 2 year warranty both parts and labor in writing with a four year trade-in guarantee
- Electric or Manual platen advance
- Realtime transfer of notes
- Adjust depth of stroke
- Keyboard tension adjustment
- Updated styling and appearance
- Self contained easy to change ink cartridge
- Built in bench conference stand
- Paper spacing adjustment
- Light weight under 5 lbs
- Refurbished Protege writer
- EasyLock® tripod stand for quick set up and put-away
- Rechargeable battery pack
- AC adapter/charger
- Utilities CD
- User's Guide on CD
- USB cable for realtime and notes transfer
- Adjustment tool to fine-tune contact settings
- Wheeled backpack with protective case for machine (Pick your color)
- Written Certification from our technician
- The wheeled backpack holds your machine, tripod, and other essential items like textbooks and water bottles and can be smoothly towed behind you or worn on your back when you're on the move.
- 2 year warranty and a four year trade-in guarantee
- Toll-Free tech support
- Credit & Debit Cards: Visa/MasterCard/Discover/AMEX
Buy it your way with StenoWork's Steno-Layaway flexible plans. You pick how much, how often and how long you pay. Just fill out our Steno-Layaway form and we will send you our Layaway agreement by email. It's just one more way that we make shopping on our web site more affordable.
- Trade-ins: Have a trade-in? Get a trade-in quote within 24 hours. Just fill out our sell-your-stuff or an additional charge.
- The machine is completely disassembled.
- The machine is chemically cleaned using a non-toxic bio-green solution.
- The Stop Pads are replaced as needed.
- The Universal bar pad is replaced as needed.
- The Bank Bar Pad is replaced.
- All parts are checked for excessive wear.
- The Toggle Roller is replaced or refurbished. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The Platen is reconditioned. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The machine is reassembled and all mechanical parts are greased and lubricated to specification.
- The factory settings are verified and adjustments are performed as necessary.
- The ribbon is replaced.
- Adjustments are performed on all electronic components, including the contact assembly and switches.
- All motor gears are aligned to specifications and checked for proper operation.
- A complete diagnostics is performed to check computer interface (real-time), battery charging operations, electronic operations, and proper disk drive operation if applicable.
- The machine casing is cleaned and the key tops are polished
This process generally takes 3-4 man hours to complete!
Here's a chart to help you select a keyboard configuration.
Selecting keytop configurations can be confusing. Our recommendation is that if your present writer is configured a certain way then select the identical configuration.
It can be difficult to get used to something different. If this is your first writer than we would suggest talking to your school or teacher and asking what they would suggest.
Here are some options: