ProCAT™ Flash Steno Writer Paperless Refurbished
- We do our best to ship as fast as possible. Writer prep time is approximately 5 business days. If Expedited Prep is selected the writer prep time is 1-2 days.
- Calculated at Checkout
Students get a pro model machine for a student writer price. Save over competitor's price.
FREE ground shipping on all writers in the US!
Free USB to Serial Adapter
The following is from ProCAT's website on the Flash: "Creating solutions that meet users' needs is our goal. Our users asked for a machine that has a long battery life, reliable storage media, economic price, and is lightweight. So we created Flash. Flash is one of the fastest growing writers. It is designed to meet the needs of our clients -- court reporters. Its battery life is three to four times longer than the competition; it weighs less than half that of the lightest writer; and it uses the reliable flash memory technology. Flash is the only electronic writer that uses the Flash SRAM technology for storage of notes. It also comes with an easy-to-read LCD screen and six function keys. The function keys are provided to allow the users to configure the writer. Flash is compatible with any CAT system that supports the Flash or Baron Transcriptor X protocol."
- 2 yr warranty, both parts and labor, in writing
- Contrast Adjustable Satin Finish LCD with Real Time Display of notes.
- Easily modify the keys' touch to your personal writing style, with an easy adjustment of depth of stroke and tension
- Provides easy menu navigation through convenient display buttons.
- Real-time connectivity with any CAT system through ProCat or Baron mode
- Over 24 hour battery life
- Operates in paperless mode if needed
- Weighs only 5.1 lbs
- Time stamping
- Scroll forward or backward through a note file
- Each card will hold over 1500 pages
- Extremely fast translation
- Complete package includes: Flash, tripod, 1 PCMCIA Flash Memory Card, ribbon cartridge, carrying case, charger, adjustment tool, realtime cable, paper tray, one SRAM card, 1 new battery, USB to Serial adapter, signed certification of condition, and owner's guide.
- Reporters! Here's your steno tip from the Guru:This machine compares in features to the Stentura 6000, but with better battery life and no disk drive. Displays notes on the LCD screen. Perfect for a court reporting student or any professional court reporter or captioner. Machine originally sold for $3500.00. This is one of the lightest professional machines made that use paper.
- Complete package includes:
- Carrying Case
- New ribbon ink cartridge
- New refurbished rechargable battery
- Nice paper tray
- 1 pack of steno paper
- Battery charger
- Adjustment tool
- Serial Real-time cable
- USB to Serial Adapter
- SRAM Card
- Signed certification of conditon
- Owner's manual
- 2-year warranty
- Credit & Debit Cards: Visa/MasterCard/Discover/AMEX
Buy it your way with StenoWork's Steno-Layaway flexible plans. You pick how much, how often and how long you pay. Just fill out our Steno-Layaway form and we will send you our Layaway agreement by email. It's just one more way that we make shopping on our web site more affordable.
Programs on Pro Writers - New Lower Prices - 3 month committment - 0% interest - Own your pro-model writer in 12 months or 18 months!
|Plan A: $200.00 deposit $44.00/month for 18 months |
|Plan B: $300.00 deposit $57.00/month for 12 months |
- Trade-ins: Have a trade-in? Get a trade-in quote within 24 hours. Just fill out our sell-your-stuff form.
- Over 20 years of experience
- Technical support backed by award winning ZenDesk Help System
- Toll-Free Support and Ordering
- Best prices guaranteed
- Online Chat system
- Money back guarantee
- In order to customize your writer we generally ship within 1-2 business days. If you need your writer expedited please call us or select expedited shipping and we will immediately put your order on the fast track.
- We offer FREE shipping in the continental US using with just a small $25.00 upcharge for HI or AK. If you are ordering from HI or AK please call us or open up a chat. The shipping times will vary and depend on how far you are from Palm Beach County, FL. (Generally 1-5 business days)
- If you need your writer sooner we can ship using FEDEX Express with Standard Overnight, Guaranteed 2-Day, or Economy 3-Day shipping available for an additional charge.
- Shipping international is also available. Please select under shipping options. If you prefer another service or expedited please call us or message us. . Please contact us with your email address and we will get back to you within 24 hours to get an exact shipping quote and to get any specific shipping questions answered.
It's not someone's used machine!
- The machine is completely disassembled.
- The machine is chemically cleaned using a non-toxic bio-green solution.
- The Stop Pads are replaced as needed.
- The Universal bar pad is replaced as needed.
- The Bank Bar Pad is replaced.
- All parts are checked for excessive wear.
- The Toggle Roller is replaced or refurbished. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The Platen is reconditioned. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The machine is reassembled and all mechanical parts are greased and lubricated to specification.
- The factory settings are verified and adjustments are performed as necessary.
- The ribbon is replaced.
- Adjustments are performed on all electronic components, including the contact assembly and switches.
- All motor gears are aligned to specifications and checked for proper operation.
- A complete diagnostics is performed to check computer interface (real-time), battery charging operations, electronic operations, and proper disk drive operation if applicable.
- The machine casing is cleaned and the key tops are polished
This process generally takes 4-5 man hours to complete!
Here's a chart to help you select a keyboard configuration.
Selecting keytop configurations can be confusing. Our recommendation is that if your present writer is configured a certain way then select the identical configuration.
It can be difficult to get used to something different. If this is your first writer than we would suggest talking to your school or teacher and asking what they would suggest.
Here are some options: