Stenograph® Elan Cybra® Professional Refurbished Captioning
- We do our best to ship as fast as possible. Shipping normally is 24-48 hours. Please call us if you need it faster.
Limited time offer: Same price as the Student Cybra but with more memory.
Elan Cybra Pro Model® Package (Professional Realtime writer) (Actual picture may vary slightly from actual machine)
The Stentura® Cybra® features USB and serial connectivity. Has the same similiar touch as many of the paperless professional machines. Now featuring an exclusive StenoWorks 2 year warranty.
Reporters! Here's your steno tip from the Guru: The Elan Cybra Pro Model holds up to 200 typed pages in memory. Machine does not have an LCD screen to view notes so it's best used with a computer in realtime. Great writer for CART or Captioning.
New lower price SAVE $100.00 OUR LOWEST PRICE EVER! Save with our low price guarantee.
LOOK! What's included:
- FREE shipping ($25.00 value)
- Free keytop configuration ($50.00 value)
- Extra Year of Warranty ($239.00 value)
- No Sales tax except in Florida
Designed especially for steno-captioners, steno-interpreters, steno- transcriptionist and e-students.
- No paper! Write directly to memory or computer with no paper tape. You save money and reduce noise.
- No ribbon! No paper means no ribbon...with reduced cost and upkeep.
- No platen! No paper, no ribbon means no platen! Reduces the need for contact re-adjustment since ribbon and paper are no longer part of the adjustment equation.
- No grease! No platen means no grease and reduced noise. Spend less time taking care of your machine and more time getting your work done!
- Introducing the innovative SmartStroke stroke-sensing technology that evaluates your hand-to-hand movement for cleaner strokes, resulting in better translation than ever before.
- Revolutionary AccuDial is a feature that lets you precisely set the depth of stroke for each individual key and easily change your adjustments over time to accommodate changes in your writing style.
- Check the status of your battery, RAM level, realtime indicator and key contacts on the LCD indicator. You can easily monitor the status of your machine.
- Speaking of RAM, the Cybra has memory to hold up to 200 pages so that you can later copy a job to your CAT software for translation and editing. Typically, though, the Cybra is used for strictly realtime applications such as CART (Communications Access Realtime Translation), steno-captioning and captioning where you are writing directly to the computer for immediate translation and display.
- Operate your Cybra for up to 40 hours or more on a single battery charge. Since the battery uses NiMH technology, it is less likely to develop a 'memory' if you charge it too often than other battery types. It can be recharged overnight using the standard A/C battery charger/adapter.
- As with the Stentura® writing machines, you easily adjust the depth of stroke and stroke pressure to make the machine comfortable for your style of writing.
- Adapting some newer technology for connecting to your realtime computer, the Cybra has a USB port in addition to the regular 9-pin serial port.
- Refurbished Elan Cybra Pro Model®
- Rechargeable Ni-Cad battery pack
- AC adapter/charger
- Utilities CD
- User's Guide
- Elan Cybra faceplate
- USB cable for realtime and notes transfer
- 2-year warranty covering parts and labor
- Written Certification from our technician
- Toll-Free tech support
- Credit & Debit Cards: Visa/MasterCard/Discover/AMEX
Buy it your way with StenoWork's Steno-Layaway flexible plans. You pick how much, how often and how long you pay. Just fill out our Steno-Layaway form and we will send you our Layaway agreement by email. It's just one more way that we make shopping on our web site more affordable.
Trade-ins: Have a trade-in? Get a trade-in quote within 24 hours. Just fill out our sell-your-stuff or an additional charge.
- The machine is completely disassembled.
- The machine is chemically cleaned using a non-toxic bio-green solution.
- The Stop Pads are replaced as needed.
- The Universal bar pad is replaced as needed.
- The Bank Bar Pad is replaced.
- All parts are checked for excessive wear.
- The Toggle Roller is replaced or refurbished. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The Platen is reconditioned. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The machine is reassembled and all mechanical parts are greased and lubricated to specification.
- The factory settings are verified and adjustments are performed as necessary.
- The ribbon is replaced.
- Adjustments are performed on all electronic components, including the contact assembly and switches.
- All motor gears are aligned to specifications and checked for proper operation.
- A complete diagnostics is performed to check computer interface (real-time), battery charging operations, electronic operations, and proper disk drive operation if applicable.
- The machine casing is cleaned and the key tops are polished
This process generally takes 3-4 man hours to complete!
Here's a chart to help you select a keyboard configuration.
Selecting keytop configurations can be confusing. Our recommendation is that if your present writer is configured a certain way then select the identical configuration.
It can be difficult to get used to something different. If this is your first writer than we would suggest talking to your school or teacher and asking what they would suggest.
Here are some options: