Stenograph® Elan Mira® G1 Refurbished Paperless
- All writers take approximately 5-7 business days to prepare before shipping. Free shipping is UPS ground and will depend on your location. Expedited & lightning prep options are available. Shopping cart receive dates are not accurate.
- Calculated at Checkout
Introducing our partnership with Clyde! Now with introductory rates.
- 1 year: Add Accidental Damage Protection to StenoWorks' one year warranty
- 2 year: Add Accidental Damage Protection and Extend your warranty to two years with the accidental protection
- 3 year: Add Accidental Damage Protection and Extend your warranty to three years with the accidental protection
FREE ground shipping on all writers in the US!
Select any of our keypads for free.
Special Limited Financing through Klarna:
- APRs low as 0.00%*
- Add item(s) to your cart
- Go to checkout and choose Pay Later
- Complete your Klarna Credit application
- Use the Klarna app or log in on klarna.com to make your monthly payments
Shop now, pay later with Klarna!
We’ve partnered with Klarna to provide you with easy payment options at checkout, so you can buy what you want, when you want.
It’s smooth and simple
Select Klarna at checkout to buy now and pay later. Spread the cost of your purchase over time with convenient, stress-free payment options. It is easy, safe to use, and you’re always covered by Klarna’s Buyer Protection
- Perfect paperless writer for the new reporter or the advanced student.
- This machine has everything you need to report with a technology advantage. Like plenty of back-ups, individual key adjustments and one of the nicest touches around.
- Get a great machine with an outstanding touch without the high price of a new Elan Mira A3® or Diamante®.
- Real-time translation of English based on your personal dictionary displayed on a fixed screen
- Search your notes on the screen
- Reporters & Students! Here's your steno tip from the Guru: A very nice paperless writer with USB & Serial port to connect in realtime. It has a floppy drive, internal memory and a compact flash memory card as a backup. Great professional writer at a low cost.
- Refurbished Elan® Mira G1
- Soft-sided black carrying bag with shoulder strap (used)
- Screen Cleaning kit
- One Compact Flash Memory Card
- New External USB Compact Flash card reader for use with computer
- 110/220 volt A/C adapter/charger with North American plug
- 1 refurbished rechargeable Ni-Cad power pack.
- User's Guide, Drivers and Utilities on USB flash drive
- USB Realtime Cable
- Serial Realtime Cable with I/O Gear USB to serial adapter
- Floppy diskette (backup)
- Written 1 year warranty
Get a great machine with an outstanding touch without the high price of a new Elan A3® or Diamante.
This is a GREAT opportunity to purchase a Stenograph® Elan Mira G1 writer in very good condition. This does not have the tilt screen. Also included is the Easy Lock Tripod. Installed is a new recycled battery pack as well as an upgraded 1 Gigabite Flash Card. This machine is perfect for any Court Reporter looking to take the plunge and go paperless. Compatible with most CAT systems even if you don't have the latest version. We are including the serial realtime cable which is like new. The adapter and the writer has a 3 1/2 " disk drive for compatibility with older CAT systems. We are also including the Dictionary conversion CD. This writer has a StenoWorks warranty for one year. This is a Mira G1 and not the A3. It does not have audio jacks but will do audio-synch with your laptop. Original Cost was over $4,800.00. All operations of the machine have been checked out by a certified technician. Instant translation of steno to text with color display. We guarantee this machine to work flawlessly when you receive it.
- CompactFlash memory- 1 Card USB and serial connections
- Revolutionary precision adjustments No paper! No paper-related accessories and parts.
- Write directly to memory or to your computer.
- Reduces noise! No ribbon!
- Easy upkeep with less maintenance and cleaning. No platen!
- Set an extremely shallow stroke since ribbon, paper and platen are no longer part of the adjustment equation!
- No grease! Spend less time taking care of your machine.
- Reduces noise!
- AccuDial: Personalize your contact settings and increase your accuracy with this revolutionary feature. 15 precision settings possible with a turn of the dial.
- Stroke pressure: Control the amount of pressure needed on the downward stroke and reduce your effort writing keystrokes.
- Stroke depth: Seven settings allow you to adjust the machine to your particular writing style with one easy step.
- SmartStroke: Get smarter, cleaner notes with this stroke-sensing technology that evaluates your hand-to-hand movement.
- CompactFlash: memory card which is fast, rugged, provides a tremendous amount of storage and is miniature in size. Slides in and out to move to your computer.
- Card reader included with package if your computer doesn't have a card reader.
- Flash memory: Your personal dictionary and job dictionaries are maintained even when there is no power.
- Battery pack: Lower weight NMHi battery lasts for up to 12 hours to get you through the longest days! Good for up to 500 cycle charges.
- Processor Intel® StrongARM, 32-bit microprocessor featuring superior power efficiency and high performance.
- 640 x 240, 256-color VGA display
- LCD indicator displays battery level, RAM level, realtime indicator and key contact.
- Standard serial port for communicating with Stentura-compatible software in a realtime mode.
- Plug-and-play USB port
- Standard 3.5" floppy disk
- Weight 6 lbs.
- INTEL Strongarm 206 MHz processor
- RAM is 512KB that maxes at about 1,000 pages. Does not fill removes oldest file first and makes room for current file
- Use RESET button if machine is unresponsive
- Will not work without the CF card
- USB with CAT4 or CAT4v5
- Serial with any software that is compatible with Smartwriter or Stentura
- Wireless communication with most CAT software
- fully charged will run for 12 hours
- internal backup battery will work for 18 hours. No color screen just small LCD, will continue to write to CF card and RAM
- 3 hours to charge main battery 12 hours to charge internal battery
- when on and not writing hands will go left to right if charging, will clap when fully charged
- everything will operate on USB power except the floppy drive
Battery Error Messages
- Danger low battery
- Danger battery low recharge now
- Battery dead switching to fail safe
- used as a backup and not for archiving, does not fill (same as RAM)
- comes with a PC card reader to read in note files, or can copy CF files to disk
- CF file is called steno.bak
- Holds about 3.4 million strokes or 15,000 pages
- Will not operate without CF card
- for realtime when using CAT4 or CAT4v5
- for dictionary transfer and downloading updates
- 1.44MB compatible
- with text and steno holds 62,400 outlines and about 275 pages
- with only steno holds 240,000 outlines and about 1,050 pages
- always format floppy disk
Disk Error Messages
- disk is bad
- disk in use put it back
- disk nearing full end job soon
- disk is full end job now
disk full recording to flash and RAM
Usually to correct the above error messages you should get a different floppy disk and format it your computer. Then insert that disk into your elan Mira and try writing to disk again.
- personal dictionary up to 390,000 entries about 10MB
- number of job dictionaries not to exceed 50,000
It's not someone's used machine!
- The machine is completely disassembled.
- The machine is chemically cleaned using a non-toxic bio-green solution.
- The Stop Pads are replaced as needed.
- The Universal bar pad is replaced as needed.
- The Bank Bar Pad is replaced.
- All parts are checked for excessive wear.
- The Toggle Roller is replaced or refurbished. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The Platen is reconditioned. If it fails specification criteria, it is replaced.
- The machine is reassembled and all mechanical parts are greased and lubricated to specification.
- The factory settings are verified and adjustments are performed as necessary.
- The ribbon is replaced.
- Adjustments are performed on all electronic components, including the contact assembly and switches.
- All motor gears are aligned to specifications and checked for proper operation.
- A complete diagnostics is performed to check computer interface (real-time), battery charging operations, electronic operations, and proper disk drive operation if applicable.
- The machine casing is cleaned and the key tops are polished
This process generally takes 4-5 man hours to complete!
Here's a chart to help you select a keyboard configuration.
Selecting keytop configurations can be confusing. Our recommendation is that if your present writer is configured a certain way then select the identical configuration.
It can be difficult to get used to something different. If this is your first writer than we would suggest talking to your school or teacher and asking what they would suggest.
Here are some options: